How did the resources, prompts and discussion shape your thinking, encourage change, or validate what you were already doing in your classroom?
Friday, October 6, 2017
September
The articles for this month stressed positive culture. I am attempting to try different activities this year with my students. On the first day of school I gave each student two post-it notes and they shared two amazing facts about themselves. We have a #ImAmazing on the cabinets where all have been posted. I also had students use post its to let me know how I can help them this year in class. After all were posted I acknowledged how I could help them and how I would support their needs. The beginning of the year is vital to getting student buy in that I am there to help and support them. We have a classroom that is inviting and all questions are okay. The more I can do to show them that I care the more I can get them to succeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the #Imamazing! What a great idea. I think students really need to hear this, especially during these tough middle school years.
ReplyDelete