Thursday, October 5, 2017

Fisher Talks - September

Our discussion in the 7th grade blue community centered around some of the meaningful ways we each engage and get to know our students in the beginning of the year. We each have our own ways of making our students feel safe and supported in our classrooms. Although this idea is not very original or unique, I have students write me an introduction letter, and this seems to get the year started off on the right foot. I get to learn a lot about my students' lives and any difficulties they are facing at home through these letters. Students also seem to love to talk about themselves, and I hope that they feel as though I care about them as individuals when I read their letters and leave comments for each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.