September Fisher Talks- Building Positive Relationships
I feel the better relationship you have with a student the more impact you will have on them. On the first day of class, I have students complete a "Getting to Know You" document so that I learn what their interest are and get an overall understanding of their lives. During the first two weeks of school, I try very hard to learn each students name. I greet students as they come into my room. I try to make conversation with them whenever the opportunity may arise- upon arrival to class, on the way out of class, in the hallway or on the way to lunch. I will share information about myself, my family, pets or my past when appropriate. I feel that it is very important to gain a students trust to make them feel accepted and comfortable in class. In my opinion, you need to understand the student before you can understand how to teach them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.