How did the resources, prompts and discussion shape your thinking, encourage change, or validate what you were already doing in your classroom?
Friday, October 6, 2017
September-Fisher Talks
The resources we have for September stressed positive culture. I started the year with this in mind, trying to learn more about my students and build a room where they are comfortable asking questions and getting help. This year I am attempting to try different activities with my students. On the first day of school each student was given two post-its and got to share something about themselves. We have #I'mAmazing on the cabinet doors. Students shared two amazing facts about themselves. This was a good way for us to start a positive dialogue in the classroom. The other activity I did with my students during the first week was to let me know what I could do to help them in class. It was anonymously posted in the back of the room. After all posed I went through them to let the students know how I would go about giving them the help and support they needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.