Saturday, October 14, 2017

Building Positive Relationships- Harrington



I try to greet all my students at the door way as they enter. This sets the tone for the day and makes them feel welcome. I also try and ask about a students who was absent the class before or who might have left early. Again this makes the student feel welcome and cared about.

Students produce Artwork during class and they often have a personal connection with this work so a relationship must be established if the student is going to accept feedback. Being genuine is at the centerpiece to this artist and teacher relationship. Students will not take risks if they are not comfortable with me so early in the semester or the year I let the students know that it is OK to make mistakes and the only way to truly produce great art is through risks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.