How did the resources, prompts and discussion shape your thinking, encourage change, or validate what you were already doing in your classroom?
After this month's PD discussions, reviewing the resources and attending the Tech Tuesdays I truly feel that I have a more heightened awareness of my relationships with students. The resources gave some great tips about building relationships with students. I think I already do a pretty good job but when you really set goals and do things on purpose it truly makes a difference. I found myself making sure that I noticed when a student got a haircut or simply making sure that I walk around the room and talk with students about things that may not be Social Studies related.
The TedTalk with Rita Pearson really drove home the point that the kids that are not particularly successful in the classroom really need special attention in this area because if they build a better relationship with the teacher they are more likely to try harder than they would for a teacher that they do not have the best relationship with. This is a point that I learned long ago and I have seen a major difference because of it.
Attending this month's Tech Tuesday was also helpful because we got to hear other teachers share ways they build relationships with students which gave me new ideas that I could incorporate into my classroom. This month's topic was great as a school-wide topic as well because if we all strive to build relationships with students it will definitely further our positive culture as a school.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.