How did the resources, prompts and discussion shape your thinking, encourage change, or validate what you were already doing in your classroom?
Friday, November 3, 2017
Using A Floor......
I wonder why students in middle school have a 50 floor. Unfortunately, although I agree with many of the suggestions in the video and articles; however, I believe the 50 floor is not effective. Using a floor does not make a distinction between the child who tries but gets a 50 and the child who doesn't try and still gets a 50. I believe we should not have a floor and allow the students to see the consequences of not turning in an assignment.
I love the idea of a "not yet" policy. In addition, with the importance of sequence in mathematics would benefit from not moving on until students have mastered the previous the concept; however, how do we allow the students to work at their own pace but ensure that they make it through the entire curriculum on time? We, as educators, have a very tough job to ensure that every child has been exposed to the entire curriculum in a timely manner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.