Friday, November 3, 2017

My grading policies are in line with the rest of my 8th grade peers and those in my Learning Community. I do not accept late work after one class period for minor grades and two class periods for major grades. I find that this helps students move on and focus on current work instead of trying to go back to previous content that we have already moved on from. Some of the grades in my class reflect on participation and completion. This is especially true for theater because so much of what we do involves practice and rehearsal before an actual assessment/performance grade is given. I feel that the 50 floor really discourages students from attempting work because they are assured they will receive a 50 instead of actually demonstrating what they know and working towards mastery. I would like to be able for students to receive an initial grade based on their actual completion and mastery and then have a "not yet" type of policy where they retake assessments in order to work toward mastery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.