The “not yet” policy is a wonderful idea. Allowing kids to show their knowledge through choice projects and components is fabulous. However, all teachers are met with students every term who do not put in the required effort to complete projects. I am stuck between allowing more time for the “not yet” grade and moving on from there. On the other hand, if I am able to successfully reach these individuals, in addition to those kids who really need additional help and guidance, I am all for this. The problem I see here is the time constraint with finalizing grades. As long as I am allowed to make an exception beyond grades being turned in and the student is willing to put the work and effort forth, I would definitely consider trying the “not yet” policy. Sometimes, this has always been a part of my policy anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.