Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November post Voice/Choice/Ownership of learning

Choice and Ownership of Learning    November 2017

Q1:Which is the strength of the 6 tips in personalized learning?
I try and give a choice for projects and allow for creativity and enthusiasm for project.  I ask in feedback questions what they liked about studying something and what they want to learn and what they need from me to help them.  I do temperature checks too as I engage with the students and check for understanding and knowledge and if they are understanding concept.

Q2:Gold Standard PBL:  what do they need to know and what do we need really need to teach?
with voice and choice and collaboration and authenticity, the students weed out what they need to know and as teachers we set up the big driving question which helps us figure out what they need to be taught. I also need to provide scaffolding to students and keep some constraints on voice and choice otherwise it can be paralyzing.

Q3: To offer more voice and choice:   I think doing these google surveys at a start of a unit and even having students do surveys to others can enhance voice and choice and what the students want to learn.  Giving a choice with parameters is always good and allows them to find the way they can show off what they know.  I need to continue to use this and be reminded of this.

Q4:  To structure and assess more learning in a personalized way.  I enjoy when I can have them work on an activity or two different activities and then I can go around individually and check learning and give feedback.  It's also helpful to have peer feedback too and get other students to help others learn.  The best way I am finding for a class size of 30+ in Spanish is to have them work on something and I can go by individually to check work.  It's challenging though for a group of 30+ in a class so I am open to new ideas.  I didn't see a lot of instruction in  the articles though on personalizing class.  I do know that it's important to get to know the students and observe what they like and what they enjoy learning about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.