How did the resources, prompts and discussion shape your thinking, encourage change, or validate what you were already doing in your classroom?
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
January - New Year, New You - Isner
I enjoyed reading the tips and tricks to re-energize your classroom when coming back from a long break. I think they are especially helpful at this point in time since we just lost a week due to snow. When coming back after a long break I always try to go over class procedures again and make sure that the students remember how we turn things in, what we do at the start of class, etc. What I did like and what I would like to try to incorporate sometime soon was the idea of giving them a brain break and putting together a Breakout Session. I think that would be really fun to incorporate any time throughout the year, but especially now during our astronomy unit or coming up with our earth's processes unit. Maybe by "locking" the kids at the center of the Earth, they can break their way out to the surface and learn about the layers along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.