New Year New You
I enjoyed reading over the 6 tips from Re energize your classroom in the new year. I am reminded to remember they are struggling too to come back and they don't remember things well. It is helpful to remember to give them an extrinsic motivation like a HW pass or points and to review procedures in chunks. What has worked well this year is to have the students write in their composition book as an interactive notebook for Spanish vocabulary and grammar and then to have them do electronic notebook checks where they hunt for the information. It's time to reset that. Also I like to do some sort of review and I have been using Quia rags to riches or a puzzle to help them review and keep it light. I signed up for Read to Succeed course we need for renewing license so that hopefully will give me some inspiration and ideas. Above all I do need to keep balance because I quickly take this job to the point where it invades into every facet of my life and I get burned out and overwhelmed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.